Saturday, April 20, 2013

Chapter 29: Brotherly Love

Hanging out in Philly was nice. I didn't get to see the city in a different way than before but it is always fun to explore by foot. Zack got to explore all things Benjamin and by mid afternoon I was quite exhausted.

Thank you Bubbe and Zaida for taking such good care of us and for being delicious Grandparents (as Bubbe would say)!

They kept me wildly intrigued! Especially in the car... Quite the exhilarating experience since Zaida races Porches in his spare time. Way cool... On the track!

With that said, I was happy to get back on the bike even for only 30 miles. The weather turned golden and I was able to get in some much needed alone time by riding separate from Zack (it's the only time we get apart these days).

I arrived to Uncle Murray's just in time for a shower and dinner. We ate around 6pm and by 9, in classic cyclist high metabolism fashion, Zack and I were hungry again and had our sites set on some cookies and milk. Uncle Murray then ran us to the store and we killed some Oreos and Chips-Ahoy... And then an hour later some popcorn too!

The next morning I woke up to a dim light pouring down the stairs and thought the door was open and that it was early so I could continue sleeping. After that happened a few more times I started to feel like something wasn't right but brushed it off to get some more sleep. That was until Zack woke me up saying we had slept until 10! The light I was seeing was the night light from the upstairs bathroom and the basement was so dark it kept us in a coma which apparently we really needed. Max and Uncle Murray gave us a great route to New Hope over bagels and coffee and we left to enjoy another day of crisp, clean, sunny weather and great country roads. Thanks Uncle Murray, Aunt Dianne and Max!

Raw/Vegan Avocado/Banana Pie


Benjamin Franklin's Grave


Oh Philly how I love your Cheese Steak








Bubbe is coming with us next time!


Independence Hall


10pm Popcorn Showdown after 9pm cookies


Planning our route to New Hope with Uncle Murray


No comments:

Post a Comment