Friday, April 5, 2013

Chapter 24: The Land of The Amish, Wide Shoulders, and Beautiful Doting Jewish Grandmothers!

Welcome to the North! We crossed the Mason Dixon Line late afternoon and still had 30 miles to go until Bryn Mawr, PA. You could smell Pennsylvania as soon as we crossed the line. Wide shoulders especially for buggies and bikes smells pretty good to me! I noticed all of the Amish out on their farms preparing for the season, planting, seeding and tending to the animals and I've never felt so anxious to get to Maine! I felt as though I was missing out on such an important time in preparation but then was overwhelmed with thankful feelings that I get to experience it from the seat of my bicycle! We bought eggs from Emma and her Amish family after she had allowed me to use her restroom and Zack to use the barn. It's been a long time since I've seen yolks that orange!

We got to Fred and Aviva's, aka Bubbe & Zaide, at around 8:30pm! What a day of 65 miles and tough climbs, which is the only downfall to Pennsylvania. I fell in love with Bubbe and Zaide, Zack's grandparents, the moment I met them!






No comments:

Post a Comment