Friday, April 5, 2013

Chapter 23: A Minute in a Mary Land

The night before leaving D.C. we helped Arielle and Jared move into their adorable new space and spend some quality time. A fierce ten minute night ride to the other side of the city and we found ourselves comfy at Claudia's. After riding through the National Mall and Georgetown it took us an hour to find a way down to the Capital Crescent Trail without maneuvering 100 lbs. of weight down three flights of stairs and looked forward to awesome trail riding into Maryland. I was waiting at a stop sign when I somehow lost my balance on the bike and... Eh..... Ah..... Fall! I slowly teetered over and landed stuck between the bike and the ground. A runner who happened to be passing by assisted Zack in getting me out of that hilarious situation but we failed to snap the photo. Just passed Bathesda, MD the trails fell into disrepair and were incredibly difficult to navigate which brought on some "we are lost" frustration. Luckily Zack flawlessly navigated us out of there and on to our Warm Showers host in Elicott City, the quaintest little town outside Baltimore where I got the royal treatment of a hot bath with jets! Ooooh Baby!

On the way we rode through Baltimore which was awesome! City riding so far has been an absolute breeze so I'm anxious to see what it will be like in the Big Apple. I had a blast! Not only because it reminds me of my dance days but also because it's a beautiful city nestled on the Chesapeake! And their crab cakes are to die!

Just north in Towson our Warm Showers Hosts, Dan and Christine Johnson really spoiled us by taking us to REI (twice!) then to dinner at Chipotle, and mailed about 10 lbs. of gear home for me! It has to be said... for someone like me, REI is a very dangerous place. Although I had never been to an actual store I was in complete heaven and glad I've never lived near one.















The awesome Bike Cop that recommended us to Moe's


Baltimore brought me back to the regional high school dance festival days and looking forward to some dance reminiscing in Philly!

The site where we hit 1000 miles!

"No Stopping Any Time"


Maryland Crab Cakes.... Yumm!






It was just luring me in! "You want me... You need me!"


Muffin really loved my panniers...


...and REI too!


Saying Goodbye to our beautiful Towson, MD Warm Showers Hosts Dale & Christine Johnson!


No comments:

Post a Comment