Monday, March 11, 2013

Chapter 8: She's So Heavy, Heavy, Heavy!

During days two and three I started developing severe knee pain so Zack ended up pulling me while I caught his draft most of the way. So on day four I ditched the cleats in exchange for the five fingers, loaded up on ibuprofen and Wha-Laa! We were making phenomenal time! We crossed the state line into NC at 1pm and from there it was Carolina Beach or bust!

And busted it was. At an excellent pace just outside Ocean Isle, NC and all of a sudden...

KA-BOOM!

I didn't even want to look behind me. I pulled over, turned around, and my entire rear rack was laying on the ground! OH NOOOOO! I instantly said we could zip tie it and duck tape it but knew that wouldn't last me to the ferry. Luckily we had passed a bike shop just two miles prior. I left Zack on the side of the road with all the gear and pedaled my heart out to the shop where I discovered I had lost two bolts to the rack. As I showed up, Aaron and David, who had heard about our dilemma, offered to scoop up Zack with all the gear. By that time we had definitely missed the ferry and Steve, the owner of Island Hoppers Bicycles, let us camp behind the shop with a bathroom after giving me a killer deal on a new rack! 

Again we celebrated by eating out, Mexican! However after that settled all I wanted to do was throw it all up. Needless to say my belly hated me that night and Thank God for that bathroom!

A BIG thank you to Steve, Dave, and Aaron!


First sign for Wilmington, NC


We made it! 
State Line Numero Uno... Holla!



My poor Sadie and her booty sag:(:(





The uber cool Corona Margarita!
(and the jealous dude in the next booth)



Negra Modelo, Ole! @ Las Palmeras in Sunset Beach, NC
and yea... I finished all of it :/


No comments:

Post a Comment