Monday, March 11, 2013

Chapter 7: Fire Station Nation

Days two and three were followed by nights of fire station camps. We eat like champs and average about 40-45 miles per day!

After almost being killed by two semi's going 60 on a two lane road with no shoulder, we celebrated by having our first meal out on day three. We kept riding until loosing precious light while looking for a stealth camp site in the middle of a shady side of low country, before finding a station 1/4 mile off route. Zack pulled over and said "Time to bust out the lights" and I responded, "Shit! Mine's buried at the bottom!" Guess I'll be fixing that problem tomorrow; note to self: "Pack lights on top!"

At Pleasant Hill, SC, the morning of our third day, we were packing up when I noticed my BH bracelet missing. I completely freaked because I have not removed it since receiving it last summer. I finally found it under my tent. So this post is for you Brian. Your spirit is living on, for me, during these new adventures and directions now more than ever. Wherever you are, I know you're guiding and keeping us safe.

I haven't changed my socks in three days...

Thanks to Bobby and Dave of Pleasant Hill Fire Station (especially for the shower) and the Horry County Station #34.


With Bobby and the Crew at Pleasant Hill


 Base Camp #2


I got a little overzealous with the 
S&P for our Avocados:)





Yuuummmm @ Levon's Fish Camp in Conway, SC 
Burgers, Sweet Potato Fries, 
Fried Okra & Shrimp, Coleslaw, and Hush Puppies


Base Camp #3


The Einstein look is back in... better recognize.

No comments:

Post a Comment